Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Buffing 101

I don't know how many times I've heard this, "Theres so many pally's and I only have one buff blah, blah, blah."

Yes I understand that buffing is an important part of every raid, heroic, what not. Thats why I make it a point to say in every group I'm in where there is more then one pally that I give Blessing of Might. It is the one buff that I use at all times so I naturally am usually the one giving it out to others. What annoys me more then anything though, is when I'm in a group with more then four pallys and not everyone is getting all the buffs. Granted I usually only give might to melee cause I have yet to come across a caster who screams out for might, if they ever did I surely would give it to them after I got over the shock. But for people to not be handing out Blessings of Kings is just crazy. That is one buff that anyone can benefit from, and yet it is the one that seems to be missing on at least a handful of people. Also I have a HUGE issue with players that whisper to me with an attitude demanding that I give them a certain buff, and implying that I'm not doing my job as a pally. Either one of two things will happen if you do this, one you'll get the buff and a crude warning to curb your attitude or two you won't get crap from me but a /rude gesture. Now however if you were to whisper me, like a fellow guildie did tonight and explain nicely that you benefit from kings more then might, then I will be more then happy to comply with your request with a new buff and a =).

That is why I like when I raid with my guild because we all pretty well know who is giving what buff and it makes things so much easier and stress free. So my advice for any 10 or 25 man raid would be this, in addition to healing assignments and tank duties and what not please make sure it is known who is giving what buff because it makes things go so much faster and smoother because there is nothing more annoying then to be running in to fight and hearing someone over vent still complaining about not getting a certain buff, it makes me want to do a situation # 10 which is bubble, hearth and leave party.

Its common courtesy, if we can have it in real life we can have it in WOW to.

1 comment:

  1. WTG Fire....you should insert a shout out for the "pally power" buff addon that erilis so dilligently uses =)

    Nothing like looking at my buffs and seeing 3 BoK's

    ReplyDelete